Sarah attended Stagecoach Malta before moving to London to study musical theatre at ArtsEd, London. She is currently playing Vanessa in In The Heights at the Kings Cross Theatre and has also been nominated for Best Actress in a New Production of a Musical! Congratulations to Sarah. We were lucky enough to get the chance for an exclusive interview with Sarah...
1. What has been your greatest challenge in life/career so far?
I was born with a clubfoot and told I would not be able to dance but I am now dancing amongst some of the best dancers in the West End. It’s been a long road but so worth it.
2. Who was your biggest inspiration growing up?
Probably my father. He's a man who worked extremely hard to get to where he is, so it was always apparent to me how much one needs to work to achieve their goals.
3. What has been the most memorable moment of your life/career so far?
In my career, performing In The Heights in front of Lin Manuel Miranda with an incredible company was definitely a highlight.
4. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I was in a group called the Young Talent Team and we represented MALTA in the Junior Eurovision. It was really fun!
5. What is one thing you wish you'd known when you were younger?
I wish I knew how important maths is. Maybe I would have worked harder in class if I’d known.
6. Where do you feel most at home?
Malta will always be home to me.
7. What's the best advice you've been given?
Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it's not the end.
8. What is on your bucket list?
More travelling! South America, Asia, South Africa - the list goes on. Working with some incredible directors and being in a West-End straight play is definitely up there too.
9. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
Jason Silva (philosopher), Sarah Kay (poet), Amy Purdy (athlete), Leonardo DiCaprio (actor) and Adam Duritz (musician).
10. What's on your bookshelf?
The Celestine Prophecy, Murder on the Orient Express and the Alchemist.